Sunday 11 May 2014

Blossom and Bloom Part 2

Hello my lovelies I have had such a hectic week! Started a new job to earn some extra pennies for my summer holiday in June 2014!!! I now have 2 jobs (one I am still waiting for more work- supply teaching) but hopefully I’ll get more work and be an ever busier bee.

I now work with my best friend she is such a funny and free spirit, she’s not a Christian but she’s very open minded and supportive to me.
My best friend got me the job and now we are working together (which is awesome, as we basically get paid to walk and talk really) the job is to pay for my holiday with her so it’s going to be amazing just to leave cold rainy England and venture to Turkey (again).

Last year at Cherish Women Conference at the Life Church I met a beautiful girl called Lesley and we have kept in touch and it’s just amazing that children of the Lord can keep in contact from long distance and share our separate journeys with each other and pray for each and just be there for one another.

Follow Lesley on Twitter- @barnorelle 

We have spoken recently and are very excited at what God’s doing in our lives and how he’s connecting us together. Therefore watch this space for news and what’s in store for Bible for women in the NEAR future.

Let’s start with Blossom and Bloom part 2
The questions I asked last week included ‘do you believe that God wants you to serve in your church?’ The answer (in my opinion) IS YES!!!  
If you follow Jesus then you should serve him in church, our purpose first in life is having a relationship with God and others around us. We were created to be in a relationship. Our calling is personal but I know my calling is to spread the word of Jesus through my love of writing – my blog and my website and to influence the young minds of children with Christ – I am serving at Kids Church at the creativity and crafts area.

Using my skills to influence others is what it’s all about. It’s my calling in life. What’s yours?

My pastor Angela at my church has influenced me hugely on this! I have woken up every day and before I get out of bed I have asked myself ‘What’s my purpose? And what’s my calling? And this is such a great way to wake up and just question your entire life and make it clear for the day ahead that everything you do is in the Lords name.

Ephesians 4:4 - There is one body and one Spirit, and God chose you to have one hope.
By serving the lord and following his word you can only hope to reach the kingdom of God.

Speaking from personal experience some Christians ‘cant’ serve as there life is a mess, they have way too many things to do before they even consider serving. I used to serve at a food bank and because my personal life was literally falling apart, personally I had been through a lot, I stopped serving, when the truth is that when your life isn’t going the way you planned you need to serve its good for your soul and faith. It strengthens you by helping others.

“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honourable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

I believe this to be truth.

“When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.”
― Maya Angelou

While at a Christian conference last year, I realized how important it is to help others, by simple donations of clothing and money. For example Cherish conference had a giving bucket and before you get the bucket, you get to watch a small clip on the screen to what your donation can do to help others, then you get the opportunity to contribute.
I decided to split my money into 3 days’ worth and give a third each night, and it’s a great feeling knowing your donation is going to help others in need.
I’m not saying you NEED to give your wages or money to every single charity as you would be broke, but think about if you really need that fancy pair of shoes or that new black bag and think do you NEED those accessories or does a girl in Uganda need water. 

Think. Pray. Act.


Giving to others doesn’t mean money, it could be food…. Or even love and compassion. You can give love and compassion to people who need it, give the gift of conversation to others who just need someone to open up too. That’s serving the Lord!

So in the next week I want you all to wake up and come up with at least 3 good deeds you can do to help others and put others first . If you want to let me know how you’re doing, email me on jessica@bibleforwomen.co.uk
I’d love to know how this had helped you or what else you want me to speak about.
Interested in guest blogging…. Let me know as I have quite a few people currently writing for the blog now.

Questions for the next week.
Have helped more than 2 people this week?
    Have you asked anyone if they would like to go to church?
    Has serving at church strengthened your faith?
Again let me know your answers if you want a 1-1 talk with me.
I hope you all day have a lovely week! Have a blessed day and remember be a blessing to someone else who needs a little light on their life.

Thank you for reading! God Bless
Love Jessica Louise Xoxo









No comments:

Post a Comment