Wednesday 9 December 2015

Words are Weapons


Recently I have been through a roller coaster of events from changing my job to my health changes. If you have followed the blog and website from the beginning you will know that I have suffered from depression and anxiety for many years but for the past year and a half I have been free of this illness, until now.
Depression is like the devil it can strike you at any time especially when you let your defences down. Your faith is your defence from evil but sometimes it can tiring and you can feel exhausted from being a ‘good Christian’ I try every day to be a ‘good Christian’ and I know that I can’t be perfect but I am a perfectionist which makes it harder to understand that I can’t be perfect at something which will make me feel down and when I say down I mean rock bottom.
In my life I have been a butterfly when it comes to friends and the reason being is that I would take offence to a lot of things spoke to me and sometimes I ‘overreact’ so I have moved on from friends because of this but I think that this is a great thing as it has gotten me to where I am today. With a strong bunch of friends are fellow Christians who surround me and support me.
Recently I've decided to try not to focus on people’s words as words are really powerful and can tear you down.

In the news this week, I've heard a lot about 'Hate Preachers' and Donald Trump to be exact, and my one question is this, why do we listen. He has no power over any of us. The one who has power and almighty love for us is God. Why do we keep listening to other people who we know are going to poison us with their hate words and hate opinions and evil plans? When we could listen to a higher being who is the definition of love.
That is exactly what they want. When I was as a primary school I was bullied and sadly many of you will be reading this and can agree with me in saying that you were bullied also. And when I was bullied I would be called hurtful names and I would get upset and ask for help from others to solve the problems. And that to me is a lesson. It was prepping us for adult life. We need to ask for help from the one who can help, the one and only Lord Almighty. We need to ask him to help us, and pray for guidance. 
When we grow up we tell ourselves that we can’t be bullied but were wrong. We can be bullied, with social media causing most of the problems in today’s society. Sadly many people try to cope with cyber bullying and people using words as weapons towards them alone, just remember you are never alone, God walks alongside you, and he is always there. So next time you put a photo on twitter or Instagram with a cup of coffee and your bible and the caption states ‘I loves Jesus’. Do not be ashamed, do not feel like you are going to hurt anyone. 
Sometimes you may be ridiculed for taking a stand for Jesus. Sometimes you suffer. Sometimes we will suffer but mainly from other people’s sins, take Adam and Eve for example. Eve took the fruit initially and they both were banished. - Genesis 3:6, 23. 
James 1:3 - When your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. 
Also take challenges as opportunities.
Be Christ like and do not follow the crowd. Be the leader. Lead people to the cross. Lead them to salvation. When people are writing mean and hurtful words to you or aiming them at you. Just speak to God. He already knows what’s going on but speak to him for clarity and wisdom. 
Don't listen to hate words, they just poison your mind, when you listen to people speaking hate, or gossip, pray to the lord for redemption and forgiveness. He will purify your mind and give you peace. Instead of listening or speaking hate words, speak words of thanks and praise to God, it is much more productive.
When you listen to words which aren't good for soul, they stir your thoughts and the people around you use your tears as instruments in their band of hate and suffering.
Sometimes we will suffer but mainly from other people’s sins, take Adam and Eve for example. Eve took the fruit initially and they both were banished. - Genesis 3:6, 23. 

I urge you all not to listen to hate preachers and words used as weapons on the news, social media and even from people who surround you. Be Christ like and speak words of truth and love from the heart and the gospel. 
Thank you for reading this blog, I pray this blog helps you in your daily life.
Jessica Louise xoxo 
Founder and Head Writer of the Bible for Women

No comments:

Post a Comment